Our COVID-19 Response
OUR COVID-19 RESPONSE
Welcome to our COVID-19 response page. Below you’ll find all the critical information about how Bayside High School is changing the way we operate to reduce the risk of COVID-19 infection.
We are doing everything we can to make sure staff, students, and families are safe.
Please check back regularly, as we will update the information here as conditions change.
Site section also has important information and resources for you. See the Update for Families letter
Technology: Getting a Device and Internet Access
We are committed to making sure that all students can successfully connect to online learning during their at-home learning days.
- If your student needs a laptop or tablet, fill out the Device Request Form to reserve your device. Borrowing a device is free!
- Borrowed devices should be used for school purposes only and kept in a secure location. Take your device with you on in-school days.
- If you are not able to get internet hooked up in your home, your child's teacher will work with you to provide alternative offline assignments.
- If you are having trouble connecting to Google Classroom, Google Hangouts, or any of our online learning resources, please fill out a Technology Request form.
We have put safety procedures in place to keep our students and staff healthy.
- Masks: Masks must be worn inside Bayside High School at all times by all adults and students. If your child is unable to wear a mask for medical reasons, they must have an excuse signed by a doctor on file with Mr. Collazo in room 150.
- Handwashing: Students and staff must clean hands with sanitizer after entry and before entering class.
- Physical Distance Guidelines: Students must follow all directional signs and remain socially distant.
- Illness: Temperature checks will be taken upon students entering the building. Students and staff exhibiting signs of illness or having a fever of greater than 99.9°F must stay home. If you or someone you know has COVID-19 (or shows symptoms of COVID-19 such as coughing or fever), it is required that you stay home or at a designated care facility for a minimum of 14 days. Please contact us via phone or email as soon as possible.
Isolation Room: Any person in the building exhibiting Covid symptoms will be escorted by a school official to the isolation room and our school nurse will evaluate the patient. All General Response Protocols will be followed, and appropriate actions will be taken.
Any student who does not follow these guidelines will be placed on remote leaning immediately.
- Visiting our school: All visitors must complete a health screening before entering D.O.E. facilities. Upon entering the facility, you will be asked to provide the results of your screening either by showing your phone or a printout of the results. The website to complete the survey is https://healthscreening.schools.nyc/
- Building Maintenance: Custodians will sanitize school building on a regular basis. Cleaning and disinfection will include all high touch surfaces.
- Directions for local COVID testing: Please visit the NYS Coronavirus Find a Test Site page to find a test site closest to you.
Meals Hubs will operate for adults, children and families from 3:00-5:00, Monday-Friday.
No one will be turned away at any time • All adults and children can pick up multiple meals at one time • Vegetarian and halal options available at all sites
How to Wear a Face Mask